Project acronym: EPIC
Project title: Centre of Excellence in Production Informatics and Control
Source: Horizon 2020
Funding: 21.700.000 €
The overall objective of the project is to establish the Centre of Excellence in Production Informatics and Control (EPIC) as a leading, internationally acknowledged focus point in the field of production informatics, management and control representing excellence in research, development and innovation.
The scientific objective of the project is to transfer the research results to the industry with the support of the participating institutions under the coordination of governmental units. Scientific excellence will be achieved by high level research activities in the field of Cyber-Physical Production Systems (CPPS), generally and in specific subtopics as Research Fields (RF):
- RF1: Planning and management of cooperative and adaptive production and logistics networks.
- RF2: Situation-aware, resource efficient and robust production planning and control (including maintenance).
- RF3: Extensively monitored, controlled and pluggable machine tools and manufacturing systems.
- RF4: Advanced technologies for flexible production systems.
- RF5: Collaborative robotics, human-robot symbiosis.
- RF6: Robust cooperative and coordinated control in cyber-physical systems.
- RF7: Supporting technologies: Cloud-based service and pilot CPS in the field of production and logistics.