We would like to draw your attention to an exceptional series of lectures that will start in the spring semester of 2023. For the first time, the chairman of the Board of Directors of the market-leading multinational company, Knorr-Bremse Commercial Vehicle Division, is teaching at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics.
The name of the subject: Disruptive Transformation of the Truck Industry: Legislative, Business, Market and Technical Changes and Challenges
Lecturer: Dr. Jürgen Steinberger, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Knorr-Bremse Commercial Vehicle Division
Dr. Steinberger has been working at Knorr-Bremse for 22 years in various positions of which for 6 years he was the Vice President for Electronic Systems, for 3 years Global Development Director, and in the last 6 years he was responsible for High Level Automated Driving, Driving Dynamics, Brake Control, member of the Board of Directors responsible for the areas of electronic development and system development, its chairman.
70% of the goods transported on land are transported by trucks. Technologies, market players and business models have changed and developed slowly, gradually and evolutionarily until today. However, in the last 5 years, the speed of change has exploded in terms of legislative requirements, market consolidation, business models and technological changes. In the next 5-7 years, new safety standards, connectivity and highly automated driving, e-mobility solutions and emission reduction systems will be developed. The challenges cannot be greater, and new organizational and management approaches must be used to deal with them.
What can our students learn with the help of Dr. Jürgen Steinberger?
- they get a comprehensive picture of the exciting technological changes and challenges shaping the commercial vehicle industry
- they become familiar with new organizational and technical management approaches in the face of upcoming challenges.
- obtain background information to understand legal, business and market factors
- they will be able to understand and analyze problems based on business, market and legal aspects, as they appear in reality
- They will be able to make responsible decisions independently and compile materials for decision-makers taking into account technical, business, market and legal aspects.
- 2 case studies from real business life are processed in teamwork
The series of 4 suitable lectures starts in March
- Dates of the lecture series:
- 23.03.2023 14:15-19:05
- 13.04.2023 14:15-19:05
- 04.05.2023 14:15-19:05
- 25.05.2023 10:55-19:05
Education is conducted in English. Subject code: BMEKOKK8510
Get ready for the upcoming challenges with Dr. Steinberger! Apply and get the necessary knowledge from the recognized businessman!